Wednesday, January 19, 2005

What’s the Color, Kenneth?

How are we ever going to be a force to reckon with in this country when we can’t even decide what color to wear on Inauguration Day, tomorrow, to protest the second stolen election is a row? Half the sites I read say to wear blue, while the other half say to wear black.

Once again, the words of Will Rogers ring true: “I am not a member of an organized party; I am a Democrat.” Come on people. We can’t even agree on a stupid color? You can bet the Republicans would have settled on a single color, and they would all be wearing it. We’re still debating what the color should be, for God’s sake.

I shudder to imagine the powerful influence we would wield if we could work as one towards a targeted cause instead of always getting lost in the trivial minutia. I only hope that the new leader of the DNC can affect this change and funnel our significant energies towards a common end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home